50’ Command Cutter NAVAL WAR COLLEGE – Construction started on “The Admiral’s Barge” in 1942 at the Philadelphia Naval Shipyard. The project was suspended during World War II, and she was finally launched in 1957. A total of four Command Cutters were built and only two remain. Her remaining sister ship is in service at Naval Base Kitsap in Bremerton WA. Over the years, the Admiral of the Naval War College in Newport, RI has hosted such dignitaries as Presidents Kennedy and Eisenhower, Secretary of State Dr. Kissinger and King Constantine of Greece aboard the Admiral’s Barge.
The Admiral’s Barge came to East Passage Boatwrights in the winter of 2010 for a new teak fore deck and reframing in the engine room. In the winter of 2011, she came back to the EPB shop in Bristol for shaft log replacements, Dorade box installation and the management of systems work including: steering system improvements, engine exhaust replacement and bilge pump over haul.